Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Learning to Blog and Bottle Wine

So I've been marinating on the idea of starting a blog for a little while now. I've been inspired by blogs I have been reading and I won't lie a little bit of the idea came from a recent article in a magazine about some ladies who blog. After reading their responses to the article and continuing to read their blogs I thought it was time to get my own voice out in the interwebs.

About two years ago I hit the point where I was overweight, unhappy and ready to make a change. Since then I have worked on reaching a healthy weight and I have been searching for ways to keep myself accountable and getting not just smaller but maintaining a happy, healthy, and fit me. So here's to the start!

In other adventures The Husband and I went to a local winery today and participated in their bottle your own wine event. The most challenging part of the event was deciding what our wine labels would say.

We settled on:
"Old wine and old friends are enough provision." - An Andalusian Saying on the whites
"Take the drink for the thirst that is yet to come." - An Irish Proverb and on the reds

We filled the wine bottles straight from the barrels, corked, sealed, and labeled them. I think this is the earliest we have ever done Christmas shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment