Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Plan overs

My grandma (Grammy) doesn't call them leftovers - they are planovers. You planned to make that much food so they aren't sad little left behind overs. Today was full over some planned overs (except breakfast).

I feel like Mondays tend to set the tone for the week. So I love it when a Monday goes like today. Get to work early, be productive at work, get in a good work out.A green monster with half a banana and almond milk paired with a small bowl of oatmeal with PB.

Lunch was leftover pork and roasted root veggies - just as good the next day! Bulked up the meal with some grilled veggies from the salad bar. Sorry no pictures forgot my camera at home. Today is 'Cardio Circuit Class' at my gym with one of my favorite instructors although it was a butt kicker. It included among other things 4 minutes straight of plank/plank variations and there was a puddle of sweat under my face with half my makeup.

Dinner felt more like an assembly night rather than a cook night - plus I had plan-over rotisserie chicken from Friday's snack night. So here's what I started with...And this is what I came up with - using the last of the spinach, chicken, and homemade hummus.I'm thinking this makes for a lovely little treat at the end of the day as well.
What day does your week start and what makes for a good start for the week?

No comments:

Post a Comment