Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Smiles

There was a time when I didn't smile a whole lot - not because I was angry or sad, just not a smiley person. A homeless man stopped me in the street a couple years ago and told me to smile. Which at the time bothered me for some reason, but then I realized why not smile?

It takes a little effort for someone whose mouth naturally turns down but it feels good. It feels better when something makes you smile and you don't even realize it.

Some things that made me smile today...

Breakfast!

I hadn't had oatmeal in a couple weeks (not for any other reason than I've been on an eggs kick) and today's was particularly tasty with a little brown sugar, dried cranberries, and milk.

My cat
I mean really how does that not make you smile?

My favorite salad from the salad bar at work; a combo of spring greens, turkey, tomatoes, carrots, crasins, and just a sprinkle of blue cheese crumbles - topped with canola oil and some mustard.

An entertaining e-mail from the husband. And the most of the exciting smile of the day was the one I noticed plastered on face from ear to ear in my Zumba class. I've been going to the one class a week I can make for the last 3 months or so and have enjoyed it every time but this is the first time I can remember seeing myself smiling - twas good.

What makes you smile?

No comments:

Post a Comment