Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Soreness and Snack Fails

Today feels a little weird for a Thursday. First - I didn't pack a lunch or green monster - here's to a healthy work cafeteria! Secondly - I didn't pack gym clothes. This was on purpose. Right now I am in my 8 week 'pre-half marathon' training - which is pretty much like my workouts before I decided to run a half - just with on purpose running days (2x wk to start). So here is what the week typically looks like:

Sunday - Run (longer distance - typically outdoors)
Monday - Cardio Circuit Class
Tuesday - Interval Training Class
Wednesday - ZUMBA!
Thursday - Run (shorter distances - typically indoors)
Friday - Rest
Saturday - Rest or Crosstrain (Elliptical/Kettlebell etc) or Rest

Sundays run was good, felt great even though it was super cold. Monday's class, very good bit of a but kicker if you recall my 4 minutes of planky type things + bicycle crunches for nearly 2 minutes. Well Tuesday my ribs/obliques were sore to the touch but everything else felt fine so on to Interval Training. Where I was the only one in attendance due to SNOW WATCH (it melted by my morning coffee). So it turned into a bit more of personal training which was awesome! I learned new moves for body weight and weight training and got some really great cardio bursts in between. However Wednesday morning I was feeling the tip-toed plie squats, presses, plank jumpy mountain climber things and the pick up the weight and put it on the shelf thing (I really should learn all the names of these moves) - but its ZUMBA, I can't not go to ZUMBA!

I woke up this morning and sounded and felt like an old lady getting out of bed - and not old ladies like grandmas who hike mountains and are yogis - sterotypical old ladies who pinch cheeks and talk about when cars were a rare sight and you could eat an orange peel for candy. So in the interest of listening to my body I am swaping Friday Rest with Thursday Run. Now I must maintain motivation to work out on a Friday which is a rarity for me.

On another note my food sans packed lunch was good, oats with PB and half a banana for breakfast. Favorite salad for lunch with very good dark seedy bread and clementines. However the one thing I did bring was my snack...but alas - major snack fail. I have learned there is only one brand of greek yogurt I like - Fage 2% and nothing else. My luscious planned snack of fresh braburn apple slices with smooth rich Oikos yogurt with honey turned out to be more like the attack of too sweet white goop and mealy apple mess. Almonds in my snack drawer came to my rescue but the damage had been done.

Turkey Chili with cornbread on the menu board for the night (perhaps pictures and a recipe later). Now what to do with myself since I'm home while the sun is still behind a thick layer of gray as opposed to sleeping past the horizon?

No comments:

Post a Comment